The best wireless alarm system is an inexpensive way to achieve peace of mind, whether you are home or away from home. The units are designed to provide smart notifications and detect intruders before a break-in ever occurs. Thanks to smart technology, you can connect them with virtual assistants and monitor your home from anywhere. Below are our top picks of the market’s best wireless alarm system.
- Best Wireless Alarm System Reviews
- Ring Alarm 8-piece kit (2nd Gen)
- Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit (1st Gen)
- eMACROS 1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm
- Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector
- Home Security Alert System with 1 Plug-in Receiver and 2 Weatherproof PIR Motion Detector
- Wsdcam Door Alarm Wireless Anti-Theft Remote Control Door and Window Security Alarms
- GE Personal Security Alarm Kit, Includes Deluxe Door Alarm with Keypad Activation
- Htzsafe Solar Driveway Alarm System-1/4 Mile Long Transmission
- SimpliSafe 8 Piece Wireless Home Security System
- WJLING Motion Sensor Alarm System
- Bunker Hill Wireless Security Driveway Alert System
- KERUI 2020 Upgraded Standalone Home Office Shop Security Alarm System Kit
- Factors to Consider Before Buying a Wireless Alarm System
Best Wireless Alarm System Reviews
Ring Alarm 8-piece kit (2nd Gen)
The Ring Alarm 8-piece kit (2nd Gen) home security system comes with an intuitive keypad and emergency buttons for customization. It also features smaller contact sensors that are easy to use and user-friendly. When paired with the contact sensor, the system covers up to four doors and windows, and the motion detector covers an entire room. You can pair it with the ring app to receive notifications when someone triggers the alarm.
- Works with Alexa
- Convenient security and privacy controls
- Mobile notifications
- The range extenders are a little weak
Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit (1st Gen)
If the second generation looks too much to handle, you should check out the Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit (1st Gen) home security system. Like its counterpart, the unit works with Alexa and allows push notifications to your smartphones when motion is detected. There is optional daily monitoring at a fee with no need for cancellation fees and long term contracts. You can customize the ring alarm to suit your needs and can add components for whole-home protection. The five-piece kit includes a contact sensor, base station, keypad, range extender, and a motion detector.
- No long-term contract
- Base station ensures continual connection
- Easy to set up
- Some buyers wished the pads were touchscreen
eMACROS 1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm
The eMACROS 1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm is an outdoor weather-resistant security alarm system for use outside your property. Since it is solar activated, you don’t need to worry about the power going off. The alarm system detects animals, humans, and cars’ movement, and there are four fun and unique chimes you can choose from. As a result, you can customize the chimes to match different sensors. The unit is made of industrial-grade PVC hosing and rubberized water and weather-resistant seal for durable outdoor performance.
- Super long receiving range
- Solar driveway alarm
- Adjustable sensitivity
- The receiver will respond to similar sensors within the same radius range
Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector
Another DIY security alarm system ideal for homes is the Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector. The product is built from high-quality materials that will withstand harsh weather elements without falling apart. The sensors make use of passive infrared technology to detect motion and heat. As a result, dead leaves won’t trigger the alarm. It is fully expandable; hence, you can cover different areas of your property and receive notifications at the places. Plus, you can match different chimes with each sensor to know where motion is detected.
- More than 30 alert melodies to select from
- Plug-and-play installation
- Weather shield protection
- It has a narrow beam and may not work well if placed too high
Home Security Alert System with 1 Plug-in Receiver and 2 Weatherproof PIR Motion Detector
Get a hawk-eye view of your indoor and outdoor environment with the Home Security Alert System with 1 Plug-in Receiver and 2 Weatherproof PIR Motion Detector. The alarm system by 1 BY ONE comes with a 1000ft operating range and offers 36 melodies to choose from. Thanks to its design, the product uses a passive infrared setting to detect movement and heat. Like a long-range doorbell, the device has a long reach and has three alert options and several chimes options. You can select different ways of getting alerts and volume settings.
- Fully expandable system
- Long-distance range
- Three alert options and 36 chimes
- The sensor does not have an adjustment dial
Wsdcam Door Alarm Wireless Anti-Theft Remote Control Door and Window Security Alarms
What the Wsdcam Door Alarm Wireless Anti-Theft Remote Control Door and Window Security Alarms lack in size, it makes up in performance. The product has a simple yet functional design to deter break-ins through the doors and windows. It comes with a 105db loud alarm sound to alert you and your neighbors. The alarm system also has four modes; arm, disarm, panic, or doorbell mode. Each of the modes is controlled by a wireless remote with up to 49ft range for flexible performance. Thanks to its multipurpose design, you can use it conveniently in any part of your home.
- Simple peel and stick installation
- 105db loud alarm
- Four remote-controlled modes
- Some buyers found the loud sound bothersome
GE Personal Security Alarm Kit, Includes Deluxe Door Alarm with Keypad Activation
The GE Personal Security Alarm Kit, Includes Deluxe Door Alarm with Keypad Activation, is easy to install like others we have reviewed above. By implication, you don’t need to spend on hiring a handyman for installation. The kit contains one deluxe door alarm that supports keypad activation and three independent doors and window alarms. It produces 120 decibels alarm when the windows or doors are open to keep off intruders from your residence. However, you can adjust each alarm feature to either off, chime, or alarm. The door alarm uses a four-digit keypad to code the system, and the away mode offers a 30-second entry delay and a 45-seconds exit delay.
- All mounting hardware included
- 120-decibel sound
- It is hard to line the magnets to the alarm unit for doors with recessed frames
Htzsafe Solar Driveway Alarm System-1/4 Mile Long Transmission
The Htzsafe Solar Driveway Alarm System has a ¼ mile-long transmission range and is solar-powered. As a result, you don’t need to bother replacing the batteries on the outdoor weatherproof motion and sensor detector alert system. Apart from the solar panel, the unit can be powered by the SC5V-12V power adapter or any other solar panel sold by the manufacturer. Besides a sensor detection range of up to 50ft, the unit has three sensitivities to adjust the detection range. An improved infrared detection chip design and detection angle also reduce false alarms. Since the unit is enclosed in a waterproof casing, you don’t need to bother about outdoor performance.
- Pre-programmed kit
- IP66 waterproof
- Adjustable detection angle
- Sensors do not recognize cold temperature units
SimpliSafe 8 Piece Wireless Home Security System
Ensure optimal 24/7 personal monitoring with the SimpliSafe 8 Piece Wireless Home Security System. The device has an out-of-the-box ready to use design with its plug and play design. Hence, you don’t need a special tool to install. It also features a signal burst technology with a 1000ft range, powerful enough to cover homes regardless of the size. As a plus, there is a panic button that instantly triggers an alarm to dispatch the police. However, there is also a silent panic option to signal for help discreetly.
- Built0in 95db siren
- Motion sensor
- Alexa and Google Assistant compatible
- Some buyers wished the window and door alarms came with more adhesive.
WJLING Motion Sensor Alarm System
The WJLING Motion Sensor Alarm System, Wireless Home Security Driveway Monitor Alarm, has 38 chime tunes, LED indicators, two sensors, and one receiver for convenient protection. The monitor system is fully expandable, and it features plug-and-play sensors or convenient installation. Plus, you can mount the sensor on virtually any surfaces. You can also choose from three alert options to customize how you want to be alerted, and three-volume levels range from 25-80db. The sensors run on three AAA batteries; although not included, the infrared sensor sends a signal to the receiver after detecting motion.
- Supports long-distance connection
- Adjustable sound volume
- Mountable anywhere
- Considerably easy to take off
Bunker Hill Wireless Security Driveway Alert System
The Bunker Hill Wireless Security Driveway Alert System is ideal for securing your outdoor space without spending in excess. The unit is connected to a wireless receiver in your home that notifies you when the infrared alert sensor picks motion outside. This way, no intruder will sneak up your driveway without detection. You can mount the sensor on a wall or post, and the receiver can be anywhere in your house, provided it is within 400ft from the sensor. The product package contains all the necessary mounting hardware, although the batteries are sold separately.
- Infrared motion detection sensors
- Reliable for close-range monitoring
- Most buyers had to paint them to hide their white appearance
KERUI 2020 Upgraded Standalone Home Office Shop Security Alarm System Kit
We wrap up our review of the best wireless alarm system with the KERUI 2020 Upgraded Standalone Home Office Shop Security Alarm System Kit. The kit functions as an outdoor and indoor weatherproof alarm system with a loud siren horn. The door alarm can be activated via remote control to either arm or disarm the system. It is also fully expandable, and the siren is loud up to 115db for active notification. The package kit includes two remote controls, three door and window sensors, and two motion detectors. There is also a loud SOS alarm for emergency care for children and seniors.
- Loud SOS alarm
- Remote control
- Infrared motion detector
- Some buyers didn’t like the radio-like antenna on the unit
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Wireless Alarm System
Place of Use
The systems are designed for unique locations; hence, you should know where to mount the system before doing so. For example, if you want to monitor what goes on on your driveway, you should buy an outdoor alarm system with an indoor receiver. However, the receiver must be waterproof and weather-resistant to prevent crumbling under harsh weather conditions. It will also help if it has a night vision setting for night use. If it is meant for indoor use, you don’t need to bother so much about housing and compartments as long as it does its job.
Different components make up the alarm system. Some of them include:
- Motion sensor: The motion sensor is an essential part of the alarm system since it notifies you of movements to avoid surprises. We recommend infrared motion sensors activated with heat and movements to limit false alarms triggered by leaves and plants.
- Window and door sensors: entry or contact sensors are placed near the window or door frame to know who is at the door. When the system is armed, it lets you anticipate movements before the intruder enters the room.
- Keypads: you can enter the passcode to arm and disarm your system. Although some keypads can be mounted near the door, you can place it on any other recommended surface. However, it is best if the keypad supports more function than arming and disarming the system. For example, some come with panic buttons and SOS to notify the local hospital, local police, or the fire department of the need for help.
Ease of Installation and Use
Most wireless alarm systems support DIY installation for convenient use. The unit has pre-programmed settings and a plug-and-play setting that allows use right out of the box. However, the product must come with detailed instructions for easy use. You should also check for automation and smart compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant to make the unit more versatile. To be safe, we recommend you check for contracts to ensure there are no recurring costs and avoid losing money.
The best wireless alarm system is ideal for cutting costs without letting down on home surveillance quality. Instead of relying too much on wires and connections, wireless systems are convenient to ensure flexible installation options. Apart from this, some of the devices are compatible with a virtual assistant; support updates, and allow push notifications from your mobile phone.